By working out your butt, you can achieve the shape you desire. But it’s not just about appearance. Having stronger glutes also means having better posture, healthy knees, and it can help you relieve back pain. And if you’re tired of doing squats and lunges all the time, there are many alternative yoga poses that you can try out.
We at Wikiki think it’s important to switch things up every once in a while to make your workouts more fun. So here’s how yoga can help you with that!
1. Yogi squats
- Start standing with your feet a bit wider than your shoulders. Your feet should be placed diagonally so that when you bend your knees, they track over your toes.
- Bend your knees and sit down, hovering your hips over the floor. It’s okay if your heels lift up a bit or if you can’t sit all the way down.
- Keep your spine straight.
- Pressing your hands together in a prayer position, bring your elbows to the insides of your knees, and gently press your hips open. Also, engage your outer hips to keep your hips open.
- Lift your hips up so that they’re parallel to the floor. Keep your spine parallel to the floor too.
- You can keep your hands as they were or extend them to the sides. This will make you activate your glutes even more.
- Lower your hips back down. Repeat several times.
👇 Open Next Page To See More 👇